Now Playing loading...

Meek Mill exits Twitter while Snoop Dogg questions whether he should take over


ABC/Christopher Willard

(Note Language) Twitter is down one more follower, as Meek Mill is deactivating his account. The Philly native took to the platform Sunday to announce the news and explain the reason for his departure.

“Ima deactivate Twitter forever and go to a new social where it’s more good vibes based off building, creating and motivation,” he tweeted, per 2Cool2Blog. “Whoever run my sh** turn this off forever … ima takeover my YouTube account to replace me interacting with supports! Too many bots and weird people.”

Meek is the latest celebrity to exit Twitter, although it’s for different reasons than those who departed before him. Many, including Toni BraxtonShonda Rhimes and Whoopi Goldberg, left the social media platform after Elon Musk was named its CEO.

In response to the backlash, Musk said he’d step down if the majority of Twitter users thought he should; 57.5% voted in favor of him leaving, while 42.5% voted against it.

With Twitter users looking for Musk to bow out of his latest role, Snoop Dogg is wondering whether he should be the one to replace the entrepreneur. The rapper tweeted a poll along with the question, “Should I run Twitter?” As of this story, 81% voted yes; the poll shuts down Monday night.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.