Missy Elliott Inducted Into Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Missy Elliott received a much-deserved honor on Thursday night as she was inducted into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame.
- Lizzo and Da Brat performed in honor of Missy. Queen Latifah did the induction that included a special message from Michelle Obama.
- Elliott’s 10-minute acceptance speech was filled with emotion. She cried as she said, “I am thankful. Every time I come up to a podium… even with all the work that I’ve done, I don’t know, and I’m assuming it’s just God, I don’t know why I am here.”
- Missy continued, “I want to say one thing to the writers, to the upcoming writers, ‘Do not give up.’ We all go through writer’s block. Sometimes you just have to walk away from a record and come back to it. But don’t give up because I’m standing here. And this is big for hip-hop, too.”
- What is your favorite Missy Elliott jam?