Meek Mill Is off Probation, No Longer a Felon
- Meek Mill is having one heck of a week. After signing a joint record label venture with Jay-Z, he just scored a victory in his legal battle.
- Meek took to Instagram to announce he’s no longer on probation, stating “ “As of right now I’m not on probation and I am not a felon anymore today was mega!!!”
- The Philly rapper has been granted a new trial for his 2008 gun and drugs conviction by the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
- Meek’s request to get a new trial stems from the controversy surrounding arresting officer Reginald Graham, who has been implicated in multiple police corruption scandals.
- Graham had alleged that Meek pointed a gun at officers when he was arrested, a claim Meek has denied, Graham’s partner Jerold Gibson sided with Meek stating he never pointed a gun.
- It’s up to prosecutors to decide if they want to pursue the charges against him in a new trial.
- Do you think prosecutors will retry Meek or decide not to pursue the charges? Is their anyone else having a better week than Meek?
#MeekMill #Victory #OffProbation #NewTrial