R. Kelly Wants To Be Let Out Of Solitary
- R. Kelly’s lawyer says his client is “enduring cruel and unusual punishment” being locked down in solitary confinement as he awaits trial on sexual misconduct charges.
- Attorney Steve Greenberg filed papers on Thursday asking a judge to let Kelly roam the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago with the rest of the prison population.
- Greenberg says that Kelly is being held in the most restrictive floor of the jail.
- Officials say that Kelly’s “offenses and notoriety” are good reasons to keep him in solitary.
- Would you agree that R. Kelly staying in solitary might be the best for his current safety?